Trends of Solar energy usage:
In modern era of technology and advancing lifestyles, we come across many roofs having numerous rows of panels installed. The purpose of these solar panels is to convert sunlight energy into electricity. The type of equipment and method of installation depends on the use and area of work.
- Solar powered transportation. Its use can be seen on railroads, subways, buses, planes, cars and even roads.
- Solar heating is commonly seen these days in solar heated pools where solar collector harnesses sunlight and converts it into heat.
- Solar lighting is a very common trend these days used to operate street lamps and outdoor home lighting.
- Powering consumer electronics via solar energy is also a new trend; cell phones, speakers, tablets, flashlight etc.
Benefits of using solar power energy:
The use of solar power generated energy is gaining popularity due to various advantages:
- It is a renewable energy source.
- Electricity bills are reduced.
- Low maintenance costs as the solar systems don’t require a lot of maintenance.
- Solar power represents a clean, green source of energy, doesn’t release greenhouse gases.
- Underutilized land far away from cities can be used by solar power.
- Solar power improves grid security, specially in terms of natural or human caused disasters.
- Jobs can be created; with many people opting for solar power, more companies are needed to install the panels. This will create additional jobs for workers.
The use of solar energy to generate electricity/heat is not just confined to industries, universities and nowadays. Many practical uses are seen in homes. Solar panels are installed on rooftops after considering the safety measures; the roof should be strong enough to support the weight of the panels, brackets or mount rails to be installed before placing the panels as these allow you to position the panel in any angel you want, none of the wiring should touch the actual roof and when wiring through the walls use conduit to protect against shock and short circuits, installing solar panel mesh as a bird deterrent that should keep all birds from getting under solar arrays, protecting the roof, wiring, and equipment from their damage and also prevents them being killed by the huge amount of power generated. The household uses of solar generated energy are manifold:
- Ventilation fans of any type reduce cooling costs by exhausting hot air from attic spaces and other areas.
- If you have a swimming pool in the house, solar heating of the pool can be a good option. Also, water heaters can be powered by solar energy.
- Charging batteries of different appliances.
- Powering the entire home; AC, fans, lighting (indoor, outdoor), washing machines.
If one needs an environment friendly, cost effective means of utilizing heat/electric energy for the entire house, then installation of solar power panels on rooftop is the ultimate choice that will prevent the hazards and bills associated with conventional means of electric uses. Check this link http://www.elitebird.com.au/ to find out more details.